Internships at Champaign Counseling focus on building your toolbox and confidence as a future clinician.
At Champaign Counseling, we believe in creating the best atmosphere for our clients and employees and giving back to our community. Our mission is to help members of our communities reconnect with the things that are truly important and thrive, both in their own lives and in their relationships. We strive to make wellness a down to earth practice. Our vision is to eliminate mental health stigma by creating awareness of, appreciation for, and acceptance of mental health self-care. We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative team who values working together to help to improve the health and wellness of our communities.
- Agree to and pass background check
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse populations
- Completed or working toward a masters degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Human Services, Counseling, Social Work)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous internship or related experience working with clients in a social service setting is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality of Champaign Counseling clients
“I define a leader as anyone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes.”
- Brene Brown
Sign Up for our Monthly Newsletter!
Champaign Counseling is excited to announce that we are offering a monthly newsletter! Each month we will share information about mental health care, helpful tips on coping strategies to manage stress, interesting podcast episode recommendations, local resources, offerings and events at Champaign Counseling and more!
To sign up today, please follow this link.