Therapy Can Help You Feel Better About Yourself, Your Life, and Your Relationships
Our Champaign therapists help you heal depression, anxiety and stress due to traumatic events...
You may be surprised by how much more meaningful and rewarding your life can be
You're struggling. You feel anxious or depressed.
You may be filled with worry and agony. Perhaps you experience panic attacks, where you feel like you can’t breathe and your heart races.
You might feel sad and heavy. It may seem like a dark cloud is hanging over you.
It could be that you feel empty and numb. Your life may have lost its meaning.
It’s possible that you’ve had a difficult or traumatic childhood that has led to your depression or anxious feelings. Maybe you’ve always struggled.
On the other hand, you might be someone who experienced a specific traumatic event that sent you spiraling downhill into the dark pit that you find yourself in now.
Whatever the cause of your problems, you’re fed up with the struggle - and yet, you probably feel discouraged and doubt that things will ever change.
Some things you might say to yourself:
“I’m unlovable. No one will ever truly love me.”
“I can't sleep and have nightmares, or I sleep too much and have trouble getting out of bed.”
“I have no energy or motivation to do anything even if I wanted to.”
“The constant critical thoughts in my head make it difficult to think.”
“I feel so alone. No one understands what I’m going through.”
You likely have plenty of negative thoughts like these. They're so dominant that you can’t imagine life without them.
You Wonder if Therapy Can Really Help
We get it!
You've been grappling with these troublesome feelings for far too long.
So, it's not surprising if you feel skeptical about the possibility of therapy being able to help you.
It’s probably difficult to imagine that things can get better...
BUT, if you COULD imagine a better life, here is what you might experience:
- You’d feel more at peace than you've felt in a long time.
- You’d wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and energized, excited to start your day.
- You’d engage in activities that you might not have been involved in for some time – or perhaps ever.
- You’d have more satisfying relationships.
- You’d feel secure and confident in yourself and excited about your life.
- You might wonder why you didn’t seek out a therapist a lot sooner.
The good news is that it is never too late to turn your life around.
It’s possible to experience all the above and more...
- You can think more clearly and make better decisions
- You’ll have more motivation and energy
- You’ll be more productive
- You’ll be smiling and laughing more; you’ll feel happier
- You’ll feel excited about your future
Our Therapists Are Trained in Research-Backed Therapy Methods Known to Help People Overcome Depression, Anxiety and Symptoms of Trauma
Our therapists utilize one of the most effective evidence-based counseling techniques, called Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR).
EMDR is one of the most widely used approaches to help people overcome and heal from deeply troubling problems such as anxiety, depression, and other symptoms of trauma.