Our Kid and Parent Therapists Help You Transcend Stress and Worry About Your Child
Therapists at Champaign Counseling have the expertise to help you overcome your concerns and struggles.
You CAN sleep peacefully again…
Like most parents who come to our therapy offices, you've tried everything you can think of to help your child.
You don’t know where else to turn.
You’re worried about your child’s future if the problems are not solved soon.
As child, parent and family therapist experts, we know there is hope.
We can help get your child back on track so you don’t have to worry anymore.
Problems your child may be having:
- Difficulty in multiple areas of their life: school work, interaction with family, and lack of friends
- Has ongoing or unusual fears
- Shows excessive worry about the future
- Expresses hopelessness
- Is easily overwhelmed
- Doesn't listen; exhibits temper tantrums or aggressive behaviors
- Has been diagnosed with a learning disability, ADHD, Autism or Asperger's
- Says critical things about self; has low self-esteem
Our Child Therapists Provide a Compassionate Environment to Help You and Your Child Feel Safe to Overcome Their Problems
If your child is between the ages of 3-6, we’ll work with you and your child together, empowering you to help your child.
We’ll show you how to decipher the meaning of your child’s challenging or worrisome behaviors and what to do to resolve them.
If your child is over 6 years old, we’ll start therapy by helping you and/or your child get clear about what you want to achieve in counseling.
We then work towards building a strong rapport with your child so they feel comfortable opening up to us.
Parents and children frequently report that we quickly make them feel at ease in our therapy sessions.
We’ll help your child to feel better about themselves and within the world around them.
Our ultimate goal is to help your child function independently so they no longer require our help.
We also aim to support you to become more knowledgeable about child development and more confident as a parent.
Using researched-backed therapy approaches, we assist your child in resolving emotional and behavioral problems, and to better cope with the stresses inherent in everyday life.
Benefits of Child Therapy
Therapy can help your child to:
- Listen better and be more cooperative
- Be more relaxed and happier
- Perform better in school
- Have more positive social relationships
- Boost self-esteem
Imagine how much better you'll feel knowing that your child and family are functioning more positively.
- You'll be more relaxed, feel more confident as a parent, and sleep more peacefully.
- You'll have more harmony in your home.
- You'll have more energy to focus on other areas of your life.
"As a colleague and through LCSW supervision, Erin Graham has shown herself to be a talented and thoughtful clinician. Erin is a person centered therapist and is supremely skilled in working with youth and their families.
She is able to help both children and parents gain understanding of the other's perspective to ensure relationship growth. I would recommend parents and youth to Erin without hesitation. She will provide support and therapeutic guidance to help families reach their goals."
- Jessica Stutz, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
It's possible to turn your child's and family's life around.
If you're tired of the struggle, don't want the situation to get worse, contact us now.