Good Faith Disclosure
You have the right to receive a "Good Faith Estimate" explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don't have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 1-800-985-3059
Champaign Counseling Accepts Most Health Insurance!
Champaign Counseling understands that most clients have some level of Health Insurance coverage for therapy sessions. Currently we are taking all Health Insurance plans, however some less common plans may be considered out-of-network. Below is a list of current In-Network providers:
- Health Alliance
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois PPO & PPO Choice
- Web TPA
If you do not see your health insurance listed, it may still provide coverage. We would be happy to assist you in contacting your health insurance to find out if they will cover counseling services at Champaign Counseling. Please call our office at 217.203.2008 to discuss options.
No Insurance Coverage? No Problem!
Our student intern program offers sessions at $40/session. Please call our office to learn more and schedule with our student intern.
Health Insurance Guidelines
- Health insurance is complex and each health insurance company sets its own rules.
- All deductible payments and copayments must be paid at the time of service or in advance in the form of a retainer.
- If Champaign Counseling is an In-Network provider for a health insurance company, then we accept the reimbursement amount set by the insurance company.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance
Your health insurance policy may cover behavioral health counseling. You need to find out exactly what your policy will and will not cover. The essential questions are:
- What is my deductible and what amount have I met so far this year?
- What is my copay per session?
- How many sessions per year does my policy allow?
- What date does the policy year start and stop?
Contact Champaign Counseling
Sign Up for our Monthly Newsletter!
Champaign Counseling is excited to announce that we are offering a monthly newsletter! Each month we will share information about mental health care, helpful tips on coping strategies to manage stress, interesting podcast episode recommendations, local resources, offerings and events at Champaign Counseling and more!
To sign up today, please follow this link.