Our Child and Teen Therapists Help You Transcend Stress and Worry About Your Child
Therapists at Champaign Counseling have the expertise to help you overcome your concerns and struggles.
You CAN sleep peacefully again…
It takes a lot for parents like you to seek the help of a therapist for your child or teenager.
Like most parents who come to our therapy offices, you’ve tried everything you can think of to help your child.
You don’t know where else to turn.
You’re worried about your child’s future if the problems are not solved soon.
As child and teen therapist experts, we know there is hope.
We can help get your child back on track so you don’t have to worry anymore.
Problems your child or teenager may be having:
- Difficulty at school with peers or with school work
- Frets a lot; is overly anxious
- Seems withdrawn; sad or depressed
- Doesn’t listen; exhibits temper tantrums or aggressive behaviors
- Has been diagnosed with a learning disability, ADHD, Autism or Asperger’s
- Says critical things about self; has low self-esteem
Our Child and Teen Therapists Provide a Compassionate Environment to Help Your Child Feel Safe to Overcome Their Problems
We’ll start therapy by helping you and/or your child get clear about what you want to achieve in counseling.
We then work towards building a strong rapport with your child or adolescent, so they feel comfortable opening up to us. Parents and children frequently report that we quickly make them feel at ease in our therapy sessions.
We work with your child to help them feel better about themselves and within the world around them.
Our ultimate goal is to help your child function independently, so they no longer require our help.
Using researched-backed therapy approaches, we assist your child in resolving emotional and behavioral problems, and to better cope with the stresses inherent in everyday life.
Benefits of Child or Adolescent Therapy
Therapy can help your child to:
- Listen better and be more cooperative
- Be more relaxed and happier
- Perform better in school
- Have more positive social relationships
- Boost self-esteem
Imagine how much better you’ll feel knowing that your child is functioning more positively.
- You’ll be more relaxed, feel more confident as a parent, and sleep more peacefully,
- You’ll have more harmony in your home.
- You’ll have more energy to focus on other areas of your life.
"I often refer clients who want a child therapist to Katrina. Not only does she have many years of experience, she also has a calming manner and soothing presence that children and adolescents respond well to.
I always receive good feedback from parents testifying to her effective methods and her ability to keep parents informed and involved in their child's treatment."